Whatever your reasons are for choosing Purition; weight-loss, fitness goals or maybe you’re just looking to improve your diet or be more mindful about what you’re eating?
If you’re new to Purition or are coming back to it after a break, here’s some simple advice from our Team to help get you motivated and prepared toward a healthier you.
1. Dust off your blender and stock up on your favourite milk! – Enjoy Purition at its best when whizzed up with milk and consumed straight away (we love a bullet type blender as they’re so easy to use and keep clean). To prepare: Take a 40g (that’s 1 sachet or 5 heaped teaspoons) serving of Purition, add to the blender with 200-250ml of any cold milk and blitz for 15-20 seconds. If you like a thick shake or you want to make a smoothie bowl rather than a smoothie, leave the mix to sit for 2 or 3 minutes in the blender, then blitz for 2 more seconds before decanting to a glass, shaker bottle (to walk out the door with) or a breakfast bowl. If you prefer a silkier shake, blend for a good 30-40 seconds with around 250-300ml cold milk.
2. Have a shake every day for breakfast or lunch for 5-6 consecutive days to get a true introduction to our blends and how they may work for you. This will allow your tastebuds time to adjust to the very natural flavour and low sugar content of Purition.
3. Purition not sweet enough for you? Consider adding a third of frozen banana or some low sugar fruit such as berries; blueberries, strawberries or raspberries. In the summer, buy them fresh and in season, in the winter stock up on the bags of mixed frozen berries in the supermarket – they’re pretty delicious and economical too. Adding a teaspoon of cinnamon, vanilla extract or a small spoon of honey works really well and store cupboard ingredients, so really handy additions.
4. On the days when you don’t have your blender to hand. Grab a small pot of Greek or natural yoghurt and stir in your serving of Purition, enjoy it this way as a very quick, tasty and low-carb lunch or healthy mid-afternoon snack. Alternatively, you can use a shaker – it’s not for everyone having Purition this way as it remains quite nutty in texture, but on the days when you don’t have your blender, or you’re away on holiday, and you’d rather have your daily Purition than not at all, this could be the way to go! Still always use milk as your mixer.
5. Other simple steps that will help you feel great whilst starting out;
Eat well – Start to focus on eating real food in its natural state. Stock up fresh produce; chicken, fish, steak, eggs, salad leaves, herbs, avocado, non-starchy vegetables (those grown above ground). Once you have these ingredients in the fridge you’ll always be able to pull a quick healthy meal together for you and the family. Visit ‘Purition’ on Pinterest and follow our Boards, you will find recipe cards for Simple Suppers and Healthy Smoothie Recipes.
Keep hydrated – Don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink, sip water throughout the day. Aim to drink a litre and a half every day. If you’re trying to cut down on caffeine, swap one or two cups for boiled water, or boiled water with lemon.
Cut down on alcohol (sugar) – We all enjoy a glass or two at the weekend, and that’s ok, but cut it out during the week. If weight-loss is your goal, going tee total is the best thing you can do.
Move more – If you’re completely sedentary: a brisk 10-15-minute walk every day is good enough to get you started! Try and get your heart rate raised for at least 10 minutes each day. If you’re on your feet during the day or are already enjoying the benefits of exercise in some way: step it up! Attending an exercise class or HIIT session a few extra times a week will get those endorphins going and keep you motivated and feeling great!
Sleep – Get an early night! Getting enough good quality sleep is key for a healthy lifestyle, aim for 7-9 hours a night. Zzzz…
Have any questions? Need any help?
You can speak to us directly on ‘live chat’ via our website, you can email us, call us, join us and message us though social media.
firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel. 01743 444397
Why not share your pictures on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest?
Tag us! @puritionuk
Yours in health,