Get your fries on first and prep your burgers and salad whilst they’re cooking.
For the fries…
- 2 x large sweet potatoes
- ½ tsp x dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Olive oil
- Scrub your sweet potatoes, leaving the skin on, and cut into chips.
- Coat in a few tsps of olive oil and place on a lined baking tray.
- Season with a little salt and chilli flakes, if using.
- Bake in the top of your preheated oven at 180 for about 20 minutes, until tender in the middle and crispy on the outside.
For the burgers…
- 500g minced beef
- 1 x onion, finely chopped
- 1 x sprig of fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- If you have time, gently fry the onion in a pan with some olive oil until soft and allow to cool. If you a pressed for time, use the onions raw.
- In a bowl, using your hands, mix the raw minced beef with the thyme, onions and pepper & salt.
- Shape into equal-sized burgers. You should have 4 good-sized patties.
- Season your griddle pan generously with sea salt.
- Griddle your burgers for about 3 minutes on each side (or to your preference, longer if you like well-done).
- Salt your burgers.
- Serve with (optional) mayo or coleslaw.
For the salad…
- 1 x bag of salad leaves
- Avocado, sliced
- Chives, finely chopped
- Place all salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Season lightly with some olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.