One word for these little gems . . . Decadent! They are absolutely lovely as a mid morning or afternoon treat, when that chocolate craving just needs satisfying!
- 80g raw cacao nibs
- Thumb size piece of peeled fresh ginger
- 300g pitted dates
- Handful each of dried goji berries, cranberries and blueberries
- Handful of unsalted whole almonds / hazelnuts / walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 80g of Purition shake – any flavour
- 50g coconut oil
- Ground turmeric (optional)
- Desiccated coconut (optional)
- Blitz the raw cacao nibs in a food processor until they are quite fine
- Add the fresh ginger (and turmeric if using) and whizz for a couple of seconds
- Add the pitted dates and process until they are quite smooth
- Add the dried berries and your choice of nuts and whizz again (leaving them as fine or chunky as you like)
- Add the remaining ingredients and whizz until you can see the mix forming chunks. (You can always add a little water at this stage if mixture is a little dry)
- Turn the mixture out into a brownie tray, approx. 26 x 20cm (lined with cling film or similar so you can get the slice out easily) and press down firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle with desiccated coconut if you wish.
- Freeze for 20 minutes. Turn out and slice. Keep in the fridge for up to a week.