For the lamb koftas…
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 x tsp ground cumin
- 1 x tsp x ground coriander
- ½ x tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 x tsp paprika
- ½ tsp x ground cinnamon
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Small bunch/few sprigs of finely slices coriander
- 1 clove garlic, grated or crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the lamb and all the rest of the ingredients into a large bowl and give a good mix with your hands.
- Divide the mixture into four.
- Divide each quarter of the mixture into three rugby ball shapes in your hands, to make three koftas per person.
- Griddle the koftas for a couple of minutes on each side, turning two or three times to avoid burning.
- Serve up with broccoli salad, as shown below.
For the feta & broccoli salad…
- 1 or 2 heads of broccoli
- ½ red onion
- 1 pack feta
- ½ cucumber, peeled, halved, seeds removed and sliced
- Juice of half a lemon and 2 tbsps olive oil (to dress)
- Ripped fresh mint/coriander leaves to taste
- Cut the broccoli into bite-size florets and cook in boiling salted water until just tender in boiling salted water. Leave uncovered to cool slightly.
- Peel the cucumber, slice longways and scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon. Slice into half-moons.
- Slice the red onion finely.
- Place all prepped ingredients into a salad bowl.
- Dress with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Crumble the whole (or just half) pack of Feta over the salad.
- Sprinkle the fresh mint/coriander leaves over.
- serve with the koftas above.