You haven't added any items yet.
Most us at one time or another, intentionally or otherwise, have lost weight. But did you ever actually wonder where that fat actually went? The truth is, until recently scientists didn't completely know. They knew that fat was released from the fat cells but then what? Did we poop it out, was it passed out in urine, did it come out via the pores?
Well now a team at Australia's University of New South Wales have discovered exactly where it goes and the fact is that the majority of it is lost via the breath.
When fat is burned to fuel it's split into molecules of oxygen, hydrogen and carbon, and 84 percent of this is excreted via the breath and the other 16 per cent comes out via sweat, urine and tears.
Sadly it doesnt mean that breathing faster or deeper will trigger weight loss - you still need to eat well and exercise to shed the pounds - but it does make that common piece of fitspiration you see on many health blogs 'sweat is just fat crying' is a little bit more true!
This entry was posted on 29th December 2014 by Helen Foster.
Purition is a real food alternative to meal replacements shakes and protein supplements.
Try our healthy wholefood shake instead of very low calorie meal replacement shakes for a healthy approach to weight loss. Made with the very best and natural whole food ingredients your grandmother would recognise. Purition is so much more than a natural protein powder too, our balanced blend provides a quick, delicious, gluten free, low carb breakfast smoothie or quick lunch when you don't have time to cook. Purition is also available made with 100% plant based proteins for our vegan and dairy free customers. High protein, low sugar, healthy omega fats and fibre from whole foods. Purition is not a meal replacement shake. A meal replacement shake is a supplement not food. Purition is food and therefore can not be classified as a meal replacement. Purition is not designed to replace meals. Purition is real food and therefore a meal.
Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now