Are you using Purition for weight-loss? Do you need some ideas of what to eat during the day and for your evening meal? Maybe you struggle to find simple supper ideas that the whole family can enjoy? You’re not alone, we get asked that question an awful lot, so we decided to put together a short list of our favourites.
They’re all pretty simple, they can be batch cooked (and by that I mean, you can cook extra, or double up, so you have portions for the freezer or extra to have as leftovers for your lunch bowl) and they’re all compatible with a moderated carb and real food diet – which will help you if you are trying to lose weight or create improved and more healthy eating habits.
Here are our Top 9 favourite homemade evening meals:
- Courgetti Bolognese
- Tray Bake Salmon and roasted mediterranean vegetables
- Beef Chilli with cauli rice
- Lime and coconut Thai chicken – (can be made with prawns or butternut squash and sweet potato)
- Authentic Lamb and vegetable curry with tenderstem or broccoli rice – (can also be made with chicken thighs on the bone)
- Salted beef or lamb burgers with sweet potato fries and salad
- Chicken, Tomato and Avocado ‘Burger Stack’
- Lamb Koftas with a warm Broccoli and Feta Salad
- Italian Sausage Casserole
And some really tasty and healthy alternative side dishes:
- Courgetti / Noodles
- Nearly Greek salad
- Cauliflower rice
- Broccoli Rice
- Sweet potato wedges
- Garlic buttered greens – spinach, tenderstem, kale, broccoli, cabbage
We’ll be sharing more recipes for the meal suggestions mentioned above for you to try and add to your repertoire! Most of our recipes are quick and easy, others are for the weekend, when you have a bit more time.
If you need some more inspiration or guidance for lunches or breakfasts during the week, here are a few for you…
- Purition 5-6 days a week.
- On the weekend enjoy some soft boiled or poached eggs with smoked salmon and wilted spinach or sliced avocado.
- Homemade salad bowls; Chicken, cold cuts, tuna, egg, prawn, salmon, roasted vegetables, quinoa.
- Homemade soup; chicken, vegetable, broccoli, lentil.
- Frittata; Make with salmon, dill, pea and Feta cheese, or Spinach and mushroom. Serve with a side of salad leaves and some walnuts for added healthy fats.
REAL FOOD SNACKS
- 6 to 8 almonds
- Small piece of cheese, 1cm slice
- Cold cuts: a slice of chicken, turkey, beef, nice quality salami/ prosciutto
- 2 sticks of celery & cream cheese or houmous (hummus – we have a great recipe on Pinterest)
- A Boiled egg
- ½ sliced apple & natural peanut butter
- Chicken drumstick
If you’re not eating until later (than usual), or you’re hitting the gym after work you may benefit from: 2 tablespoons of Greek yoghurt, 2 scoops of Purition or a small handful of seeds and nuts mid afternoon to help fuel your workout.