Protein Balls? Energy Balls? Bliss Balls?
Whatever you like to call them, there’s no denying that they’re perfect for a mid afternoon pick-me-up, or when you just need a little something. Why not give our super quick and super easy protein ball recipe a try?
We should warn you that these protein balls are good, almost too good in fact! But remember, whilst they’re certainly a healthier alternative to a processed sugary treat they are made with dates which are high in sugar. Whilst this is natural sugar, it’s still sugar and so be mindful of how many and how often you’re eating them. Everything in moderation as they say!
- 40g of Original Chocolate (Cocoa) or Dairy Free Vegan Hemp Chocolate Purition*
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1 cup of your favourite unsalted nuts, we use a cup of mixed nuts
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (or just enough to bring the mixture together)
- Place all dry ingredients in a food processor
- Pulse to preferred texture
- Add the coconut oil/ nut milk/ water to bring the mixture together
- Roll into balls and chill for a little while
- Keep in the fridge.
If you don’t have coconut oil to hand, you can use your preferred milk (dairy or non-dairy) or some water – add a little at a time so as not to make the mixture too wet.
Cinnamon, tumeric, vanilla extract, goji berries.
Once chilled, sprinkle with coconut, crushed nuts or melted chocolate for a decadent after dinner treat.
*Purition is Vegetarian Society Approved. Our Dairy Free Vegan Range is also Vegetarian Society (Vegan) approved.