There’s been all sorts of speculation floating around this week about who might replace Mel and Sue once the Great British Bake Off moves to Channel 4 next year but here at Purition we’ve not let all the controversy get in the way of our baking!
Last night was batter challenge so what better way to celebrate than with some Purition Protein Pancakes – cooked up by our very own self-confessed non-baker Brad.
Here’s the ingredients he used:
- 1 large banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 4 scoops of Purition (any flavour – we used Strawberry)
And here’s what he did:
- Mash the banana in a bowl and then add in the eggs, baking powder and Purition. Whisk the ingredients to form a batter.
- Add a little butter or oil to your frying pan and heat.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of batter per pancake (Brad used a metal ring to help the pancakes keep their shape).
- Cook the pancakes for 30 seconds before turning and cooking on the other side for another 30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and enjoy! We served ours with a little melted butter and some raspberries.
These pancakes are great for a weekend breakfast treat when you’ve got a bit more time on your hands.
The kids will love them too no doubt!