It was a never before seen challenge on the Great British Bake Off this week with contestants put under pressure to reveal their botanical baking skills.
The challenge also came as a slight curve ball to Great Purition Bake Off contestant Alastair who was due his turn in the Purition Kitchen.
Far from flowery Alastair admits he wasn’t sure if he would have the delicate touch required for this week’s task.
But, he needn’t have been so concerned after keeping it simple and conjuring up a Lazy No Bake Nut Cake!
He couldn’t quite bring himself to scatter petals over the top of his creation – instead he opted for a wholesome helping of nuts – well, you can’t get much more natural or botanical than that!
What he used:
- 6 scoops of chocolate Purition
- 1 handful of mixed nuts (hazelnuts, almonds, macadamias and cashews)
- Desiccated Coconut
- Honey or maple syrup
What he did:
- Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor and empty the contents into a mixing bowl.
- Mix with fingertips until an even consistency.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of honey or Maple syrup evenly over the mix.
- Continue to mix with fingertips until fully blended.
- Place the mixture onto a serving plate, flatten down whilst pressing in the edges to create a flat round disk (until it looks like a thick beef burger!).
And that’s it! Top with more nuts, sprinkle on some desiccated coconut and serve (Greek yoghurt would also work well).